Place:


Perlethorpe  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Perlethorpe like this:

PERLETHORPE, a township-chapelry in Edwinstowe parish, Notts; on the river Meden, 2½ miles N by W of Ollerton, and 6¾ S S E of Worksop r. station. It contains the hamlet of Thoresby; and its post town is Ollerton, under Newark. Real property, £970. Pop., 98. Houses, 19. The manor belonged to Roger de Buisli: passed to the Pierreponts; and, with Thoresby Hall, belongs now to Earl Manvers. ...


The Hall is asplendid mansion; and stands in a well-wooded parkabout 10 miles in circuit. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £100. Patron, Earl Manvers. The church stands in Thoresby Park.

Perlethorpe through time

Perlethorpe is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Perlethorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Perlethorpe, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7728

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Perlethorpe ".