Place:


Kinoulton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kinoulton like this:

KINOULTON, a village and a parish in Bingham district, Notts. The village stands on the Grantham canal, near the Fosse way, 6¾ miles SSW of Bingham r. station, and 9 SE of Nottingham. The parish includes lands formerly called Newbold; and its post town is Nottingham. Acres, 3, 070. Real property, £4, 211. ...


Pop., 430. Houses, 96. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Nevile family. There is a chalybeate spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200. * Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church was built in 1793; and is a neat brick structure, with a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Kinoulton through time

Kinoulton is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kinoulton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kinoulton, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7489

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kinoulton ".