Place:


Cropwell Bishop  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cropwell Bishop like this:

CROPWELL-BISHOP, a parish in Bingham district, Notts; on the Fosse way, the Grantham canal, and the river Smite, 3 miles SW of Bingham r. station, and 8 ESE of Nottingham. Post town, Cropwell-Butler, under Nottingham. Acres, 1, 380. Real property, £2, 552. Pop., 638. Houses, 143. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £300.* Patron, alternately the Bishop of Ripon and the Prebendary of Oxton. The church was recently repaired and enlarged. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Cropwell Bishop through time

Cropwell Bishop is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cropwell Bishop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cropwell Bishop, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7357

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cropwell Bishop ".