Place:


Colwick  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Colwick like this:

COLWICK, a parish in Basford district, Notts; on the river Trent, and on the Nottingham and Grantham railway, 2½ miles E of Nottingham. Post town, Nottingham. Acres, 1, 255. Real property, £3, 412. Pop., 110. Houses, 20. The property is all in one estate. Colwick Hall is the seat of-J. Musters, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £220.* Patron, J. Chaworth Musters, Esq. The church is good; and has monuments of the Musterses and the Byrons.

Colwick through time

Colwick is now part of Nottingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Nottingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Colwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Colwick, in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7346

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Colwick ".