Place:


Car Colston  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Car Colston like this:

CAR-COLSTON, a parish in Bingham district, Notts; near the Car-Dyke and the river Trent, 3 miles NNE of Bingham r. station. Post Town, Bingham, under Nottingham. Acres, 1,200. Real property, £3,466. Pop., 299. Houses, 49. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £203.* Patron, the Rev. J.Girardot. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £18.

Car Colston through time

Car Colston is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Car Colston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Car Colston, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7343

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Car Colston ".