Place:


Coddington  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coddington like this:

CODDINGTON, a parish in Newark district, Notts; near the Great Northern railway, 2 miles E of Newark. Po-town, Newark. Acros, 1,850. Real property, £3, 646. Pop., 510. Houses, 115. The property is divided among a few. Coddington House and beaconfield are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £102.* Patron, the Bishop of L. The church was rebuilt in 1866. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £144.

Coddington through time

Coddington is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coddington, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7336

Date accessed: 26th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coddington ".