Place:


Barton in Fabis  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barton in Fabis like this:

BARTON-IN-FABIS, a parish in Basford district, Notts; on the river Trent, 2½ miles E of Long Eaton r. station, and 5½ SW of Nottingham. It has a post office, of the name of Barton, under Nottingham. Acres, 1,620. Real property, £2,682. Pop., 295. Houses, 73. The property is all in one estate. A British camp occurs, and coins have been found on Barton-moor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £360.* Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is good.

Barton in Fabis through time

Barton in Fabis is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barton in Fabis itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barton in Fabis, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7244

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barton in Fabis ".