Place:


Llanwynno  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanwynno like this:

LLANWONNO, a parish in Merthyr-Tydvil district, Glamorgan; near the river Taff, and on the Taff Vale railway, 3¼ miles W by N of Pontypridd r. station, and 8 N by W of Llantrisaint. It contains the hamlets of GlynConnon and Havoddryinog; and includes the villages of Home, and Havoddryinog, and part of Newbridge; and its Post town is Pontypridd. ...


Acres, 13,013. Real property, £27,257; of which £11,000 are in mines, £236 in quarries, £80 in iron-works, and £300 in gas-works. Pop. in 1851,3,253; in 1861,8,702. Houses, 1,589. The increase of pop. arose from the extension of collieries and the construction of the railway. The property is much subdivided. The land is hilly. The living is a p. curacy, united with the chapelry of Rhondda Valley, in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £356.* Patron, the Vicar of Llantrisaint. The church is dedicated to St. Wonno; and its chancel was recently in disrepair. The parish includes a portion of Glyntaff chapelry; and that portion had a pop. of 1,982 in 1861. Charities, £5.

Llanwynno through time

Llanwynno is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanwynno itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanwynno, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6659

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanwynno ".