Place:


Llanmihangel  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanmihangel like this:

LLANMIHANGEL, or ST. MiCHAEL, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; 2 miles SSW of Cowbridge r. station. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 586. Real property, £794. Pop., 29. Houses, 4. Llanmihangel Place was the seat of Judge Franklin; and passed, through the Thomases, to the Earl of Dunraven. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £142. * Patron, the Earl of Dunraven.

Llanmihangel through time

Llanmihangel is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanmihangel itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanmihangel in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6589

Date accessed: 25th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanmihangel ".