Place:


Llangwyllog  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangwyllog like this:

LLANGWYLIOG, a parish, with a railway station, in the district and county of Anglesey; 3 ¾ miles SSE of Llanerchymedd. Post town, Llangefni, Anglesey. Acres, 2,301. Real property, £2,127. Pop., 207. Houses, 32. The property is divided among a few. Roman coins have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £185. Patron, Sir R. B. W. Bulkeley, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Cwyllog, and is good.

Llangwyllog through time

Llangwyllog is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangwyllog itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangwyllog in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6438

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangwyllog ".