Place:


Llangwm  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangwm like this:

LLANGWM, or LANGWM, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on Milford haven, 4 miles ESE of Johnston r. station, and.5 SE by S of Haverfordwest. It has a ferry on the haven, and a post office, of the name of Langwm, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 2,434; of which 410 are water. Real property, £3,020; of which £913 are in mines. ...


Pop., 900. Houses, 188. The property is divided among a few. There is a good oyster fishery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £100. * Patron, alternately Mrs. O. Barlow and Sir J. Owen, Bart. The church is early English, in good condition; and contains monuments of the Roches.

Llangwm through time

Llangwm is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangwm itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangwm in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6435

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangwm ".