Place:


Llangeinwyr  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangeinwyr like this:

LLANGEINOR, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; on the rivers Ogmore and Garw, 5 miles N by E of Bridgend r. station. It contains the villages of Abergarw, Newmill, and Roughmill; and its Post town is Bridgend. Acres, 6,710. Real property, £1,395. Pop, 363. Houses, 75. Coal, iron, and limestone abound. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £71. Patron,R. M. Talbot, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Gwinear. Charities, £12.

Llangeinwyr through time

Llangeinwyr is now part of Bridgend district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgend has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangeinwyr itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangeinwyr, in Bridgend and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6383

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangeinwyr ".