Place:


Milton  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milton like this:

MILTON, or MILTON-CHAPEL, a parish in Bridge district, Kent; on the river Stour, adjacent to the Ramsgate and Hastings railway, 1 mile NE of Chartham r. station, and 2½ SW of Canterbury. Post town, Canterbury. Acres, 399. Pop., 11. House, 1. All the property, except 6 acres, belongs to M. Bell, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £70.* Patron, M. Bell, Esq.

Milton through time

Milton is now part of Canterbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Canterbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milton, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6278

Date accessed: 22nd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Milton ".