Place:


Llaneilian Yn Rhos  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llaneilian Yn Rhos like this:

LLANELIAN, a parish in the district of Conway and county of Denbigh; on the coast, and on the Chester and Holyhead railway, near Colwyn r. station, and 5½ miles E by S of Conway. It contains the townships of Llan, Llaithfaun, and Twnan; it has fairs on the Monday after Easter week, 26 July, 5 Oct., and 8 Dec.; and its Post town is Colwyn, under Conway. ...


Acres, 3,382. Real property, £2,970. Pop., 548. Houses, 117. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Valne, £249. * Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church was recently in need of repair. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and charities £8..

Llaneilian Yn Rhos through time

Llaneilian Yn Rhos is now part of Conwy district. Click here for graphs and data of how Conwy has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llaneilian Yn Rhos itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llaneilian Yn Rhos, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6181

Date accessed: 23rd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llaneilian Yn Rhos ".