Place:


Llanedi  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanedi like this:

LLANEDY, a parish in Llanelly district, Carmarthen; on the river Llwchwr, at the boundary with Glamorgan, and adjacent to the Llanelly and Vale of Towy railway, to the N of Pontardulais r. station, 9½ miles NE by N of Llanelly. It has fairs on 18 June and 8 Nov.; and its Post town is Llanelly. ...


Acres, 5,632. Real property, £4,136. Pop., 1,086. Houses, 219. The property is subdivided. Coal is found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Valne, £330.* Patron, the Rev. D. Williams. The church is dedicated to St. Edith; was rebuilt in 1861; is in a transition style from early English to decorated; and consists of nave and chancel, with vestry and tower. There are chapels for Independents and Calvinistic Methodists. Walters, the author of the ''Welsh Dictionary, ''was a native.

Llanedi through time

Llanedi is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanedi itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanedi in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6156

Date accessed: 17th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanedi ".