Place:


Aylton  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aylton like this:

AYLTON, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; 1¾ mile SE of Ashperton r. station, and 3½ W of Ledbury. Post Town, Ledbury. Acres, 825. Real property, £1,174. Pop., 89. Houses, 21. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £149.* Patron, the Earl of Oxford. The church needs repair.

Aylton through time

Aylton is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aylton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aylton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6144

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aylton ".