Place:


Rushden  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rushden like this:

RUSHDEN, a parish, with a village, in Royston district, Herts; 4 miles N W by W of Buntingford r. station. Post-town, Buntingford. Acres, 1, 486. Real property, £2,037. Pop., 291. Houses, 63. The manor, with R. Park, belongs to A. Meetkerke, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £141.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is ancient but good. Charities, £7.

Rushden through time

Rushden is now part of North Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rushden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rushden in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5969

Date accessed: 22nd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rushden ".