Place:


West Wellow  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Wellow like this:

WELLOW (East and West), two parishes in Romsey district, the former in Hants, the latter in Wilts; 3¾ and 4½ miles W by S of Romsey r. station. Post town, Romsey. Acres, 2,373 and 1,344. Real property, £1,856 and £3,194. But the acreage of East W. includes Dunwood extra-parochial tract; and the real property of West W. ...


includes Bramshaw parish. Pop., 332 and 408. Houses, 61 and 103. The property is divided among a few. Embley Park is the seat of W. E. Nightingale, Esq. The livings are a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £245.* Patron, W. E. Nightingale, Esq. The church is good; and there is a Baptist chapel.

West Wellow through time

West Wellow is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Wellow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Wellow, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5758

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Wellow ".