Place:


Welsh St Donats  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Welsh St Donats like this:

DONATS (Welsh St.), a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; at the source of the river Ely, 2 miles NE of Cowbridge r. station, and 5 S by W of Llantrissant. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 2, 175. Real property, £1, 622. Pop., 275. Houses, 54. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanblethian, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church was reported in 1859 to need repair.

Welsh St Donats through time

Welsh St Donats is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Welsh St Donats itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Welsh St Donats in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5619

Date accessed: 24th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Welsh St Donats ".