Place:


Crofton  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crofton like this:

CROFTON, a chapelry, with a village, in Titchfield parish, Hants; adjacent to the Gosport Junction railway, 2 miles S of Fareham. It includes the hamlet of Stubbington, which has a post office under Fareham. Real property, £5, 159. Pop., 809. The property is sub-divided. Crofton House is the seat of the Naughtens. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Titchfield, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is ancient, interesting, and good.

Crofton through time

Crofton is now part of Fareham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Fareham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crofton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crofton, in Fareham and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5487

Date accessed: 18th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Crofton ".