Place:


Cosheston  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cosheston like this:

COSHESTON, a parish in the district and county of Pembroke; on a branch of Milford Haven, 2 miles NNE of Pembroke, and 2 ½ ESE of New Milford r. station. Post town, Pembroke. Acres, 2, 440; of which 240 are water. Real property, £2, 816. Pop., 602. Houses, 121. The property is much subdivided. Cosheston House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £160.* Patron, George Bowling, Esq. The church is good; and there are charities £30.

Cosheston through time

Cosheston is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cosheston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cosheston in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5099

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cosheston ".