Place:


Glyncorrwg  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glyncorrwg like this:

GLYN-CORRWG, a hamlet and a parish in Neath district, Glamorgan. The hamlet lies on the river Corwg, a little above its influx to the Avon, 4 miles SE of Resolven r. station, and 8 ENE of Neath. Acres, 8, 262. Real property, £568. Pop., 322. Houses, 4 8. The parish includes also the chapelry of Blaengwrach; and its post town is Neath. ...


Acres, 11, 294. Real property, £1, 394. Pop., 602. Houses, 106. The property is not much divided. The surface is mainly moun-tainous; and includes Carn-Mosen, the highest ground in the county. Coal and iron occur, but not in great quantity. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Blaengwrach, in the diocese of Llandaff. Va-lue, £90. Patron, N. V. E. Vaughan, Esq. The parish church was reported in 1859 as bad; but that of Blaen-gwrach is good.

Glyncorrwg through time

Glyncorrwg is now part of Neath Port Talbot district. Click here for graphs and data of how Neath Port Talbot has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glyncorrwg itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glyncorrwg, in Neath Port Talbot and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/485

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glyncorrwg ".