Place:


Eglwys Brewys  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eglwys Brewys like this:

EGLWYS-BREWIS, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; near the coast, 4 miles S of Cowbridge r. station, and 10 SSW of Llantrisant. Post town, St. Athan, under Cowbridge. Acres, 367. Real property, £397. Pop., 21. Houses, 3. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £93. Patron, J. D. Llewelyn, Esq. The church measures 33 feet by 21.

Eglwys Brewys through time

Eglwys Brewys is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eglwys Brewys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eglwys Brewys in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4806

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eglwys Brewys ".