Place:


Stetchworth  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stetchworth like this:

STETCHWORTH, a parish, with a village, in Newmarket district, Cambridge; 1½ mile E of Dullingham r. station, and 3¼ S of Newmarket. It has a post-office under Newmarket. Acres, 2,824. Real property, £3,506. Pop., 671. Houses, 147. The manor belongs to H. F. Eaton, Esq. S. House is the seat of S. Y. Benyon, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Elv. Value £200.* Patron, H. F. Eaton, Esq. The church is ancient but good. Charities, £31.

Stetchworth through time

Stetchworth is now part of East Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stetchworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stetchworth in East Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4628

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stetchworth ".