Llanddeti  Brecknockshire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanddeti like this:

LLANTHETTY, or LLANDDETTI, a parish in the district and county of Brecon; on the river Usk, the Brecon canal, and the Via Julia montana, 7 miles SE of Brecon r. station. It contains the hamlets of Dyffrin and Vro: and its Post town is Brecon. Acres, 5,980. Real property, £3,732. Pop. in 1851,549; in 1861,631. ...

Houses, 116. The property is much subdivided. Llanthetty Hall is the seat of the Overtons. Maesmawr belonged to Col. Jones, a prominent member of the Long parliament; and belongs now to the Lewises. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Valne, £344.* Patron, P. G. Holford, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Detta, and is good. The p. curacy of Taf-Vechan is a separate benefice.

Llanddeti through time

Llanddeti is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanddeti itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanddeti, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 22nd July 2019

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanddeti ".