Place:


Upton Bishop  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upton Bishop like this:

UPTON-BISHOP, a parish in Ross district, Hereford; 3¾ miles NE by E of Ross r. station. Post town, Ross. Acres, 3,391. Real property, £5,632. Pop. 716. Houses, 137. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £500.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of H. The church is tolerable. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a slightly endowed school, and charities £10.

Upton Bishop through time

Upton Bishop is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upton Bishop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upton Bishop in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4117

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Upton Bishop ".