Place:


Yazor  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yazor like this:

YAZOR, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; 1½ mile ESE of Moorhampton r. station, and 3¾ S by E of Weobly. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 2,051. Real property, £2,330. Pop., 287. Houses, 43. The manor, with Foxley, belonged to the late Sir R. Price, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £250. Patron, the Rev. G. H. Davenport. The church was rebuilt in 1855. There is a national school.

Yazor through time

Yazor is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yazor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yazor in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4105

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yazor ".