Place:


Dyffrynclydach  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dyffrynclydach like this:

DYFFRYN-CLYDACH, a hamlet in Cadoxton parish, Glamorgan; 2 miles NW of Neath. Real property, £12, 097; of which £6, 068 are in mines, and £3, 000 are in iron-works. Pop., 1, 022. Houses, 197. Mines of coal, iron, and copper, are worked; and the traffic from them is facilitated by a railway. Dyffryn - Clydach House is the seat of the Williams family.

Dyffrynclydach through time

Dyffrynclydach is now part of Neath Port Talbot district. Click here for graphs and data of how Neath Port Talbot has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dyffrynclydach itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dyffrynclydach, in Neath Port Talbot and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4046

Date accessed: 23rd May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dyffrynclydach ".