Place:


Broughton  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton like this:

BROUGHTON, a township in Wrexham parish, Denbigh; near Offa's Dyke, 1½ mile from Wrexham. Acres, 1,183. Real property, £17,178; of which £6,538 are in mines, £450 in iron-works, and £5,897 in quarries. Pop., 3,165. Houses, 678. The inhabitants are employed in coal, iron, and lead mines, in foundries, and in quarries.

Broughton through time

Broughton is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3725

Date accessed: 26th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broughton ".