Place:


Bonvilston  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bonvilston like this:

BONVILSTON, or Tre-Simwn, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; 3 ½ miles SW by-W of St. Fagans r. station, and 8 WSW of Cardiff. It has a post office, of the name of Bonvilston, under Cardiff. Acres, 1,178. Real property, £1,588. Pop., 291. Houses, 55. The property is divided among a few. Bonvilston Park is the seat of J. J. Bassett, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £83. Patron, J. J. Bassett, Esq. The church is good. Charities, £12.

Bonvilston through time

Bonvilston is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bonvilston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bonvilston in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3668

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bonvilston ".