Place:


Clas  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clas like this:

CLASE, a hamlet in Llangafelach parish, Glamorgan; on the Swansea caual, 3 ½ miles N of Swansea. Real property, £14, 225; of which £3, 900 are in mines, and £3, 022 in the canal. Pop., 9, 436. Houses, 1, 955. There are extensive copper-works and collieries; and here is Clasemont Hall, a fine mansion, the seat of Sir John Morris, Bart. See Morriston.

Clas through time

Clas is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clas itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clas, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3395

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clas ".