Llanfeugan  Brecknockshire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfeugan like this:

LLANVIGAN, or LLANFEUGAN, a parish in the district and county of Brecon; on the Brecon canal, near the river Usk, 2 miles NW of Talybont r. station, and 4 SE of Brecon. It contains the hamlets of Glynn-Collwn and Penkelly; and its Post town is Brecon. Acres, 12,642. Real property, £4,664. ...

Pop., 674. Houses, 146. A castle of the Mortimers was here. Gileston was held by the Pierreponts. Some mining is carried on. The living is a rectory, united with the chapelry of Glynn, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £580. * Patron, the Rev. John Price. The church is dedicated to St. Veugan. The churchyard contains a yew-tree about 29 feet in girth. Charities, £42.

Llanfeugan through time

Llanfeugan is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfeugan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfeugan, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 23rd July 2019

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfeugan ".