Place:


Dunsfold  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dunsfold like this:

DUNSFOLD a parish in Hambledon district, Surrey; near the Surrey and Sussex canal, 3½ miles ESE of Witley r. station, and 5½ SSE of Godalming. It has a post office under Godalming. Acres, 4, 393. Real property, £3, 248. Pop., 716. Houses, 145. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £471.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early decorated English, with some interesting features, and in good condition. The vicarage of Grafham is a separate benefice.

Dunsfold through time

Dunsfold is now part of Waverley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waverley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dunsfold itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dunsfold, in Waverley and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2754

Date accessed: 17th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dunsfold ".