Place:


Alderman Haw  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alderman Haw like this:

ALDERMAN-HAW, a village in Woodhouse chapelry, 2 miles W of Mount Sorrel, Leicester. It had a cell of Bermondsey Abbey. Pop., 25.

The location is where the name "Alderman's Haw" appears on the modern 1:25.000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Woodhouse

Alderman Haw through time

Alderman Haw is now part of Charnwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Charnwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Alderman Haw itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alderman Haw, in Charnwood and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26517

Date accessed: 24th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Alderman Haw ".