Place:


New Tredegar  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described New Tredegar like this:

TREDEGAR (New), a village on the NE verge of Glamorgan; on the Rhymney and Newport railway, 4 miles SW of Tredegar. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Newport, Monmouth.

Additional information about this locality is available for Bedwellty

New Tredegar through time

New Tredegar is now part of Caerphilly district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caerphilly has changed over two centuries. For statistics about New Tredegar itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of New Tredegar, in Caerphilly and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26496

Date accessed: 16th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " New Tredegar ".