Place:


Landore  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Landore like this:

LANDORE, a village in the W of Glamorgan; on the river Tawe and the South Wales railway, 1½ mile N by E of Swansea. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Swansea. The railway crosses the Tawe here on a wooden viaduct 1,797 feet long, with 37 spaces or trusses.

Additional information about this locality is available for Swansea

Landore through time

Landore is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Landore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Landore, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26096

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Landore ".