Place:


Kington  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kington like this:

KINGTON, a tything in Thornbury parish, Gloucester; 1½ mile W by N of Thornbury. Real property, £8, 204. Pop. in 1841, 745; in 1861, 1, 156. Houses, 248. The Thornbury workhouse is here, and, at the census of 1861, had 52 inmates.

Additional information about this locality is available for Thornbury

Kington through time

Kington is now part of South Gloucestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Gloucestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kington in South Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26002

Date accessed: 22nd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kington ".