Place:


Newland  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newland like this:

NEWLAND, a hamlet and a chapelry in Cottingham parish, E. R. Yorkshire. The hamlet lies 2 miles N N W of Hull r. station. The chapelry was formed in 1833, and made ecclesiastically parochial in 1863. Post-town, Hull. Pop.. 675. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £85.* Patron, the Vicar of Cottingham. The church was built in 1833, at a cost of £1, 650. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and a slightlyendowed school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Cottingham

Newland through time

Newland is now part of Kingston upon Hull district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kingston upon Hull has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newland, in Kingston upon Hull and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25974

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newland ".