Place:


Aberdulais  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aberdulais like this:

ABERDULAIS, a village at the influx of the Dulais river to the Neath, 2¾ miles NE of Neath, Glamorgan. It has a post office under Neath, and a station on the Neath and Merthyr-Tydvil railway. Extensive tin works and a small cascade are in the neighbourhood.

Additional information about this locality is available for Neath

Aberdulais through time

Aberdulais is now part of Neath Port Talbot district. Click here for graphs and data of how Neath Port Talbot has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aberdulais itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aberdulais, in Neath Port Talbot and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25744

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aberdulais ".