Place:


Hang  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hang like this:

HANG (EAST and WEST), two wapentakes in N. R. Yorkshire. E. H. contains Hornby parish, five other parishes, and parts of three others. Acres, 61, 989. Pop. in 1851, 11, 232; in 1861, 10, 378. Houses, 2, 270. W. H. contains Aysgarth parish, ten other parishes, and parts of two others. Acres, 153, 622. Pop. in 1851, 4, 347; in 1861, 14, 788. Houses, 3, 101.

Hang through time

Hang is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hang itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hang, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25668

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hang ".