Place:


Charlestown  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Charlestown like this:

CHARLESTOWN, a village and a chapelry in Northowram township, Halifax parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles NE of Halifax. The chapelry was constituted in 1861; and its Post Town is Halifax. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £300. Patron, the Vicar of Halifax. The church was built in 1860.

Additional information about this locality is available for Shipley

Charlestown through time

Charlestown is now part of Bradford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bradford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Charlestown itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Charlestown, in Bradford and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25636

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Charlestown ".