Place:


Bordesley  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bordesley like this:

BORDESLEY, a hamlet in Tardebigg parish, Worcester; near the Worcester and Birmingham canal, 5 miles E by S of Bromsgrove. A Cistertian Abbey was founded here, in 1138, by the Empress Maud; and given, at the dissolution, to Lord Windsor; and the chapel attached to it is still standing. Bordesley Park is the seat of the Dugdales.

The location is where the name "Bordesley" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Alvechurch

Bordesley through time

Bordesley is now part of Bromsgrove district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bromsgrove has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bordesley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bordesley, in Bromsgrove and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25579

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bordesley ".