Place:


Buttershaw  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buttershaw like this:

BUTTERSHAW, a chapelry in Bradford parish, W. R. Yorkshire, near Bradford; constituted in 1842. Post Town, Bradford. Rated property, £4,334. Pop., 2,247. Houses, 505. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £200.* Patron,Hardy, Esq. The church was built in 1838; and a handsome Independent chapel was built in 1868.

Additional information about this locality is available for Bradford

Buttershaw through time

Buttershaw is now part of Bradford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bradford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Buttershaw itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buttershaw, in Bradford and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25422

Date accessed: 05th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Buttershaw ".