Place:


Duffryn  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Duffryn like this:

DUFFRYN, a parcel in Llangunider parish, Brecon; at the head of the river Romney, 7½ miles W by S of Crickhowel. Real property, £5, 198; of which £1, 356 are in quarries, and £122 in mines. Pop., 123.

The name "Duffryn" or "Dyffryn" has not been found on a topographic map, so the location is simply the southern-most point on the river Rhymney ("Romney") that was within Brecknockshire. Additional information about this locality is available for Llangynidr

Duffryn through time

Duffryn is now part of Caerphilly district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caerphilly has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Duffryn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Duffryn, in Caerphilly and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25407

Date accessed: 24th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Duffryn ".