Place:


Reagill  Westmorland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Reagill like this:

REAGILL, a township in Crosby-Ravensworth parish, Westmoreland; 2 miles N E of Shap. It was formerly called Renegill; and it belonged to Shap abbey, and passed to the Whartons and the Lowthers. Real property, £1, 415. Coal exists, but is of inferior quality, and is not worked. There was formerly a chapel; and there is now an endowed school with £30 a year.

Additional information about this locality is available for Crosby Ravensworth

Reagill through time

Reagill is now part of Eden district. Click here for graphs and data of how Eden has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Reagill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Reagill, in Eden and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25387

Date accessed: 18th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Reagill ".