Place:


Longport  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Longport like this:

LONGPORT, a village in Burslem township and parish, Stafford; on a branch of the Trent canal, and suburban to Burslem. It has a post office, under Stoke-upon-Trent, and several wharves on the canal; it carries on the manufacture of earthenware, porcelain. and flint. glass; and it contains Burslem-St. Paul's church, and several dissenting chapels. See BURSLEM.

Additional information about this locality is available for Burslem

Longport through time

Longport is now part of Stoke on Trent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stoke on Trent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Longport itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Longport, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25355

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Longport ".