Place:


Pentrebach  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pentrebach like this:

PONT-Y-RHUN, or Pentrebach, a chapelry in Merthyr-Tydvil parish, Glamorgan; suburban to Merthyr-Tydvil. It was constituted in 1860. Post-town, Merthyr-Tydvil. Pop., 5, 288. Houses, 1,022. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £65. Patron, A. Hill, Esq.

Additional information about this locality is available for Troed Y Rhiw

Pentrebach through time

Pentrebach is now part of Merthyr Tydfil district. Click here for graphs and data of how Merthyr Tydfil has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pentrebach itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pentrebach, in Merthyr Tydfil and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25216

Date accessed: 18th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pentrebach ".