Place:


Taibach  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Taibach like this:

TAIBACH, a chapelry, with a suburban village, in Margam parish, Glamorgan; on the South Wales railway, adjacent to Port-Talbot r. station, and to Aberavon. It has a head post-office.† The statistics are returned with the parish. There are copper-works. The living is annexed to Margam.

Additional information about this locality is available for Margam

Taibach through time

Taibach is now part of Neath Port Talbot district. Click here for graphs and data of how Neath Port Talbot has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Taibach itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Taibach, in Neath Port Talbot and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25027

Date accessed: 23rd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Taibach ".