Place:


New Wortley  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described New Wortley like this:

WORTLEY (New), a chapelry in Wortley township, Leeds parish, W. R. Yorkshire; suburban to Leeds, and adjoining Holbeck. Post town, Leeds. Pop., 7,334. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £300.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. See preceding article.

Additional information about this locality is available for Wortley

New Wortley through time

New Wortley is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about New Wortley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of New Wortley, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24868

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " New Wortley ".