Place:


Llanfabon  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfabon like this:

LLANFABON, a parish in Merthyr-Tydvil district, Glamorgan; on the rivers Taff and Rumney, near the Taff Vale railway, the Merthvr-Tydvil canal, and the bound ary with Monmouth 5½ miles NNW of Caerphilly. It contains the hamlets of Garth and Glynrumney; and its Post town is Pontypridd. Acres, 5,369. ...


Real property, £11,915; of which £30 are in quarries, and £8,184 in the canal. Pop. in 1851,1,925; in 1861,2,360. Houses, 439. The surface is hilly. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff.Value, £120. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St. Mabon; was rebuilt in 1863; is in the early geometric pointed style; and consists of nave, chancel, and vestry.

Llanfabon through time

Llanfabon is now part of Caerphilly district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caerphilly has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfabon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfabon, in Caerphilly and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2484

Date accessed: 18th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfabon ".